Participation at transitstation
Applications were assessed in terms of feasibility and suitability for the transitstation event, taking into account previous appearances at transitstation. The decisions of the organisers and transitstation partner, the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts are final. On receipt of an invitation to participate at transitstation Copenhagen 2010 artists will receive a contract, the terms of which shall be binding on artists and organisers. Following is a general indication of contract terms:
- assess applications and provide a contract for participating artists;
- reimburse artists’ travel expenses at a uniform flat rate for each artist, the amount to be confirmed, but likely to be in the range of €100-150 per artist;
- organise free or low cost accommodation for the performance weekend (Thursday-Monday);
- provide an information pack for the local area;
- provide core technical equipment including scaffolding, lighting, power and cabling, cd players, dvd players, vhs players, amplifiers and speakers;
- provide a space within transitstation for artists to sell their work;
- individual artist page on the transitstation website transitstation.de with contribution of nominal support of £ 15,- pro Person.
- submit an application and agree contract terms;
- organise travel to transit station so as to participate in the entire weekend, including the crucial artists’ meetings and technical rehearsals from 11am to 8pm on the Friday;
- be self-sufficient for preparation and performance, including materials and equipment beyond that provided by transitstation. These might include source material in the appropriate formats, components for sculptural installations, crt or flat screen monitors, cables and leads for connecting your own dv cameras or computers to the core equipment, microphones, etc.;
- assist the organisers during the course of the weekend.
Dagmar I. Glausnitzer
38381 Jerxheim Bahnhof